A ConversionRuler Action is a Conversion Action and consists of the action definition, and instances when your site visitors actually perform these actions.
The definition of a Conversion Action includes configurable settings regarding the action, including:
- what values should be recorded
- the labels for the data to be recorded (e.g. Order Amount, Subtotal, Email Address, etc.)
- how duplicates are handled
The instance of an action is when a particular visitor on your site actually performs an action, whether it be viewing a particular page, signing up for a catalog, clicking an advertisement, or completing an order.
To track a particular action, you can simply paste a the action's Tracking Snippet on the page where you want an action to be recorded (e.g. the Conversion Action Page). Or, you can track specific actions, such as:
- Tracking clicking on a link
- Tracking downloading a PDF
- Clicking a Flash Advertisement
- Tracking submitting a form