Help with your site's settings when editing or creating a site in ConversionRuler.
- Name is how the site appears in the ConversionRuler interface. You can call it whatever you like, but we recommend keeping it short.
- URL is the URL of your web site, beginning with http:// or https://. This is used in tools throughout the administrative interface.
- Product outlines the Subscription Level for your site, and affects pricing.
- Activated is the date when you first created your site.
Tracking settings affect how information is recorded for this site. Changes here should be done delicately, as the wrong setting may cause you to lose information which you may want.
- Minimum time between actions dictates the default setting for all actions associated with this site, the amount of time between identical actions where they are considered duplicates.
- Cookie Tracking outlines how aggressively ConversionRuler relies on Cookies to track visitors. Read more about this technology here.
- Organic Category allows you to customize the default category for inbound organic traffic. If blank, ConversionRuler uses the category Organic.
- Yahoo! Tracking allows you to automatically track tagged traffic from Yahoo! Search Marketing, or Yahoo! Analytics.
- Google Tracking allows you to automatically track tagged traffic from Google Analytics.
Conversion Action Settings
Conversion action settings affect how conversion actions are recorded, specifically how conversion actions which are unknown to your site are recorded. See
- Unknown actions handling - Whether to automatically create unknown conversion actions submitted to your site
- Unknown actions visible - When new unknown conversion actions are created, make them initially visible or invisible
These settings affect how information appears in reports. Changes here are cosmetic, and do not affect how data is gathered or reported.
- Currency is the symbol used on values collected by Conversion Actions.
- Time Zone is the default time zone used in reports for your site. You can change time zones at any time in your reports.
- Cart is purely informational, and allows us to determine what carts are in use and to develop automated ways of tracking orders for your cart.
- Display Landing Depth outlines the number of columns displayed in reports, by default, for this site.
Report Landing Labels
ConversionRuler allows you to tag your inbound traffic with up to 8 different labels, organized in a hierarchy. You can customize what these labels are here.
This section is only visible to customers whose accounts were created prior to 2009, and allows changes to settings which affect legacy features in ConversionRuler.
- Legacy Tracking activates the tracking of Landing URLs which contain c1 (for Category, now crcat), source (for Source, now crsource), and kw (for Segment, now crkw). Why should I turn off legacy tracking?
- Legacy Reporting affects which reporting engine is used to generate reports for this site.
- Report Cookie Days is a setting which is only available when Legacy Reporting is checked.