MarketRuler Privacy Application
ConversionRuler supports EUGDPR via a personalized EUGDPR Privacy Page which allows site visitors to:
- Review known information about their browsing (Right of access)
- Request deletion of their information (Right to be forgotten/right of deletion)
- Choose to opt-out of further tracking (Right to withdraw consent)
In order to support Right to modify, we suggest site owners provide a contact link with their customers to enable them to request modifications to their data.
The site can be found here:
The page appears as follows:
The buttons on this page perform the following:
- Download raw data: Displays a dialog where the raw data related to ConversionRuler is available to copy into a file on the visitor's machine.
- Request deletion: Submits a request to ConversionRuler to delete all tracking information related to this web browser.
- Opt-out: Submits a request to all tracking sites in ConversionRuler and marks this browser to no longer track in ConversionRuler using a cookie.
- Opt-in: Submits a request to all tracking sites in ConversionRuler and deletes the opt-out tracking cookie in this browser, enabling tracking.
Linking to the privacy page
ConversionRuler, when consent is granted sets First-party cookies on your site's domain which should be known by the privacy site. Due to the nature of
In order to correctly fetch these values, you should embed a link to the ConversionRuler privacy page on your site's privacy page as follows:
Place a link using an
a tag using a special
<a href="https://privacy.marketruler.com/" class="cr-privacy-link">ConversionRuler Privacy</a>
Your privacy page should also contain the ConversionRuler tracking snippet.
The snippet has a feature which will modify the link above (or any link with a class of
cr-privacy-link) and append the correct first-party cookies to the link.
- You should link to the ConversionRuler Privacy page from the same top-level domain where ConversionRuler is installed
The link will pass the correct tracking information to the privacy page so that all data can be retrieved successfully.