Landing page does an automatic redirect
- You are using a shopping cart which automatically redirects upon landing on your home page.
- A Search Engine continues to send traffic to an old or legacy site and you want to redirect people immediately to a new site design
You will need to set up the automatic redirection to do a few things:
If this is done automatically by your server software (e.g. Microsoft IIS or Apache), then you will need to contact your hosting provider and ask them if they can configure your server to preserve the query string upon redirection. Contact support if you would like our assistance in speaking with your support provider.
You will see in your script something which most likely looks like this:
You can modify this to include the current page's query string parameters, like so:
This will perform 3 things:
- The same parameter tells ConversionRuler to ignore the fact that this landing is from the same domain name
- The document.search which is added to the page redirect passes the existing query string parameters to your landing page
- The crxref parameter preserves the page referrer
If you have any further questions, contact us.