ConversionRuler has an option in the Edit Site options for customers who signed up prior to 2009 which allows them to activate what is called Legacy Reporting.
The following outlines what Legacy Reporting is, and how it differs from the standard reports.
- Have the option of choosing the First or Most Recent landing
- Use optimized database queries to match Landings to Conversion Actions.
- Have the option of setting Cookie Days for report generation
- Use a different, slower technique for matching a Landing to a Conversion Action.
The concept of Cookie Days means that ConversionRuler looks back in time from your report start date by that number of days for a landing.
So, for example, with a Cookie Days of 30, and reporting for the month of August:
- A person who landed on July 1st who purchased an item on August 1st would not appear in the reports (July 1st is more than 30 days from August 1st)
- A person who landed on July 2nd who purchased an item on August 1st would appear in the reports
- A person who landed on July 2nd who purchased an item on August 30th would appear in the reports
Due to the fact that the Legacy Reports and the Cookie Days setting would exclude landings outside of the window of time, we updated our reporting to include all landings, regardless of when they happened, and also sped up the technique used for reporting.