From Market Ruler Help
(Redirected from GDPR)
Acronym. Eropean Union General Data Protection Regulation. Also simply called GDPR.
From the Official EUGDPR website:
The aim of the GDPR is to protect all EU citizens from privacy and data breaches in an increasingly data-driven world that is vastly different from the time in which the 1995 directive was established. Although the key principles of data privacy still hold true to the previous directive, many changes have been proposed to the regulatory policies; the key points of the GDPR as well as information on the impacts it will have on business can be found below.
For businesses, the EUGDPR means:
- Visitors need to consent to have their personal information tracked
- Visitors may withdraw consent
- Visitors have the right to review their personal information which is tracked
- Visitors have the right to request deletion of their personal information which is tracked
- Visitors have the right to correct or modify their tracked information
- Visitors information must be protected using security best practices